Justice for Jennifer

On Saturday, January 26, 2019, the frantic phone calls began.  Jennifer, a beautiful and happy woman, was found dead in her home.  Suicide?  Perhaps.  We’ve all been in the depths of despair, but Jennifer?  It just didn’t make sense. She was the strong one.  She held her family together after the unexpected death of her Father.  She encouraged her friends.  Her co-workers knew her to be funny and engaging. 
She had animals she loved and cared for.  But Jennifer was only 46, there were no obvious signs of suicide, and suddenly this began to look like a suspicious death.  All we want is Justice for Jennifer.


As friends and family began to gather and mourn her loss, questions began to surface.  Even strangers seemed to understand that something much deeper, much darker was happening in the small town. 

The whispers came with warnings to “watch your back.” 

Jennifer had been dating a man who had quite the reputation in Fayette County.  A once upstanding citizen who had been elected as Justice of the Peace, but was now better known for defrauding a multistate lottery of approximately $24 million.  Accusations of womanizing, abuse of power, and spousal abuse arose.  Even darker suggestions that he seemed to be fortunate enough to receive title to properties where prior owners had  mysteriously died.  

Suddenly, the obvious suicide no longer seemed so cut and dry.  Jennifer had left no note.  She filed her taxes the same day that she supposedly took her life.  She had a wonderful, supportive family and was loved by many.  Friends and family knew she kept a key to her house in her garage.  They also knew that one special person had a key.  That person didn’t open the door that fateful Saturday.  Instead, he called authorities for a well check.  Why?

The case has now been referred to the Texas Rangers due to the conflict of interest for local authorities.  In less than 90 days, autopsy results will come in and paint a clearer picture for the Ranger on the case.  We want to make sure that he as all the information that he needs to determine what happened to Jennifer.  If she took her life, we are at peace with that, but we’re not convinced that is the case.  We just want the full truth of the circumstances around her sudden death to come to light.  

We know that many locals have information and are scared to come forward.  We want to collect your stories here, old and new, so that we can present them as a whole to the authorities investigating this case. 

We will post pieces of these stories in the blog to encourage others to come forward,

but we will never share your identity online.  

We need your help to bring justice for Jennifer.  Please tell us what you know by clicking on the button below. The friends and family of Jennifer (and perhaps others) thank you.




For those of you who never met Jennifer, she was one of the funniest people we knew.  She had a great wit and personality.  She was loving and compassionate.  She took care of others. Jennifer always encouraged her friends and told them to “never ever quit.”  She never had children of her own, but quickly fell in love with the daughters her paramour had from a previous marriage.  She loved to travel, adored animals, and was known to be a hard worker.  She was a farm girl who also liked to dress up.  She was simply beautiful, inside and out.  We’ll miss you Jennifer.

The Facts

Here’s what we know. On 1/26/2019, Moulton, Texas, police responded to a concerned citizen who requested a welfare check at a home in the 500 block of Bobkat Street in Moulton, Texas. Officer Raul Diaz stated that all of the doors were locked and there was no response. A family member unlocked the door for police and Jennifer was found unresponsive inside. Lavaca County EMS arrived and determine that she was deceased. Justice of the Peace Wayne Denson performed an inquest and recorded her time of death at 2:30 pm. Moulton Police Chief Daniel Beyer said that there was no sign of a suicide and Jennifer did not leave a note.

“Due to the circumstances of her death, Chief Beyer contacted Texas Ranger Conde Benois to assist with the investigation, “a press release from the Moulton Police stated. “No foul play is suspected at this time, but the incident remains under investigation.”

Chief Beyer said the suspicious circumstances included her relatively young age and “some issues with the paramour she was dating.” That paramour was Tommy Boyd Tipton, 54, of Flatonia. He told the Fayette County Record that he was the person who called the police for the welfare check. He denied having anything to do with her death. He went on to say, “I have no idea what’s suspicious about her death other than her age.”

Jennifer and I first became friends back when I was in junior high. I ran the Old Praha road almost daily and would run into her there. She was quite a long distance runner and always stopped to give me tips or encouragement. She always told me to “Never stop. Never ever stop. It’s too hard to get going again if you stop.” That was Jennifer. She was as real as real gets, she was strong, and she was always there for her friends.

In 1994, I was out with another friend headed to her boyfriend’s house in between Flatonia and Praha, just off Highway 90, when her car stalled. We were stuck under a small bridge with a railroad track and the car just wouldn’t start. It was cold and rainy and every time a train came by, it would throw rocks all over her car. We didn’t know what to do. We were too far from anything to walk, we didn’t have cell phones, we were young and it was pitch black. We decided to stay put until help arrived.

It was about an hour before we saw headlights. We were both terrified at first, with every horror movie replaying in our minds. We were 16 and 17 and easy targets. As the car got closer, we were relieved that it was a patrol car. My friend recognized the officer, I had never heard his name. He rolled down his window and asked if we had broken down. We said that we had. He asked us if we needed a ride. My first thought was that we needed to move her car first, but I was cold and scared and wanted to go home. We said that we did.

He let us know that we would need to perform oral sex for him if we wanted a ride to town. It took me a few seconds to respond, as I honestly thought he had to be joking. He wasn’t. I informed him that “that wont be happening in this lifetime.” So he calmly turned forward, slowly rolled up his window, and drove off. He never called anyone on our behalf. We were there a couple more hours before our friends retraced our steps and came to our rescue.

At 16, I recognized this for the evil that it was. This man, who was sworn to “protect and serve” was only serving himself. To this day, I regret not coming forward immediately. I look back now and know that I didn’t for a couple of reasons. I had been exposed to a lot of inappropriate things by that time. I didn’t have anyone in my family that I could talk to, and I just wanted to graduate and get the hell out of that town. So that’s what I did.

I did come forward years later when he was running for office, but that’s another blog post. I’m sharing this with you all today to let you know some of the history of why I got involved and to encourage you to come forward if you also experienced something along these lines. I find it hard to believe that my friend and I were the only ones who saw that side of him. Our objective is not to rehash any of your painful memories. Rather, we want to paint a full picture of his character for the authorities who are investigating this case and others. We hope to also protect others who might get in his way. We have received enough information to now believe that he has continually abused his power to take advantage of people, from Texas City to Flatonia. That’s why I put this site together. It started with Jennifer. It’s now about stopping a bully that has terrorized a town for decades.

Want to read more?

Close Menu